Corbyn Matthew Besson (born November 25, 1998) is an American singer-songwriter and 1/5 of the band Why Don't We. He received his first guitar when he was 12 years old and quickly developed a passion for music from that moment on.
Corbyn Matthew Besson was born in Dallas, Texas, to Saskia and Ray Besson. He has two younger siblings named Jordan and Ashley. Due to his father working in the military in the Air Force, Besson and his family moved around a lot. There were several places before they settled in Dallas, Texas. He attended Centreville High School. As a toddler, he sang the Backstreet Boys and Michael Jackson. He was given a lot of freedom growing up, and was allowed to climb roofs, and ride his bike alone around the neighborhood.
When he was twelve, he got his first electric guitar as a gift and taught himself to play. He also did sports and was interested in video games, art, and graphic design. Music was not part of his plan yet, but eventually he begun to sing through Xbox in voice chat, the anonymity making him feel safer. As he received positive feedback and response, it boosted his confidence, and he started to post short covers to his Instagram. He posted his first singing video to Instagram when he was 14 years old.
After a classmate suggested he should use the broadcasting site YouNow, he gained a following, and earned money. Some time after when his parents discovered his interests, his father was home and invited him to go to Williamsburg, Virginia, and bring along his guitar. He was taken to an open mic karaoke at a coffee shop and performed in front of "less than twenty people". After the experience, he became focused as a solo musician and had an official website, creating his own brand and releasing merchandise. He released his first solo single "The Only One" on December 17, 2014. His next single, "Marathons", was released in 2015.
In his sophomore year he got signed to go on the Impact tour with other social media stars, which included his future band mates Jack Avery and Zach Herron. He later did another tour, where he met Jonah Marais. He claimed he also started messaging Daniel Seavey, upon watching him on American Idol.
In 2018, the band had to postpone a concert tour because Besson had to undergo emergency surgery for an infection in his throat.
He began dating YouTuber Christina Harris in 2016. They met in person on April 24, 2016, at Universal for a YouTube convention, and attended prom together in May. Their official anniversary as a couple was on May 22, 2016. She also featured him in a few of her videos. In January 2021, after months of constant rumors, they both confirmed through an Instagram story through Harris that they had broken up, back in 2020 near the beginning of the COVID-19 lockdown. Fans speculated that the band's song, "Slow Down," was based on their relationship, though this was not confirmed.
Besson is currently in a relationship with Instagram model and influencer, Lera Clark, the two public about their relationship in January 2021.
- "@TheRealGrimmie is gonna win The Voice. I am calling already. Christina you better see this! I've been with you since 20k on YouTube!!"
- "I actually hate the fact that people from school see my tweets I feel like they all judge me so hard"
- "If you're "weird", good. It means you're being yourself and that's hard to find nowadays 😊"
- "Shawn is my biggest inspiration because he was a kid with a dream just like me, and he made it. So much respect. #ShawnForMMVA @ShawnMendes"
- "I'm gonna try to lucid dream tonight"
- "I had a dream that I met Justin Bieber and I shook his hand and I stuttered his name and then he was like stfu you don't even know my name"
- "i've always wanted to become a meme, and today is the day my dream comes true. i'm so thankful."
- "lowkey want a harry potter wand"
- "You're not a band if you don't pee together."
- "Do you." — His personal motto
- "Dad! I'm your son!" — Explaining how his father didn't accept his follow request yet
- "I'm just goofy. I have kind of a knowledge of science and history, so I make stupid historical references and it makes no sense to anyone but me."
- "There are 24,000 potatoes growing at one acre."
- "This is rigged! This is totally rigged!"
- "reaalllyyyyy need some apple juice rn"
- "Hell yeah! No lint here. Lint is not allowed in this club! Strict lint-free policy.
- "Keplar 452B"
- "Find a man who loves you for your personality."
- @corbynbesson: "i have done nothing today what a productive day."
@ItsOwen2017: "This is the result of his "mandate". Openly admitting he's doing nothing now as the UK edges closer to the precipice. #owen2017 #CorbynOut"
@corbynbesson: "I think you got the wrong corbyn"
@ItsOwen2017: "Are you not the leader of the UK Labour party Jeremy Corbyn?"
@corbynbesson: "no i'm in a band"
- His height is 5'10.
- He has a scar on his eyebrow from when he was in third or fourth grade and he saw his crush during recess. He began running so she couldn't see him, and that moment a teacher opened one of the windows and he rammed his head in the corner of it.
- In sixth grade he fractured his pinkie when playing kickball.
- He played football and placed four season of tackle but gave up due to being "pummelled" a lot.
- He dislikes that he's skinny.
- At high school in ninth grade he wanted to be cool, so he kissed a random girl. His first kiss was not great because it wasn't special.
- He named his mother to be his biggest influence, nudging him in the direction in music.
- His mother gave him his first book in kindergarten, about space, and he taught himself to read it.
- His celebrity crush is Candice Swanepoel.
- He once sent eggplants to his band mates. He considers it his best prank and sent it with the message from their song "Taking You": "Sky’s so clear when you're the view". They thought it was creepy.
- When he was two, he refused to take naps because he didn't want to "miss out on everything".
- He is extremely interested in space and astronomy.
- If he wasn't a singer he'd be an astronaut or rocket engineer.
- If he was president he would make homework optional.
- With the money he earned on YouNow he had a budget of three things to buy: Chick-fil-A, Taco Bell only because of the chicken quesadillas, and an iPad mini with a stand. He also invested on equipment for broadcasting.
- He hopes to one day have his own clothing line.
- He is a shoe fanatic.
- He once had a left shoe which had the word "right" on it.
- He uses three fragrances: Versace Eros, Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme, and BVLGARI.
- His personal theme song is "Cotton-Eye Joe".
- He's good at memorizing Wi-Fi passwords and phone numbers.
- He de-stresses by listening to Frank Ocean and recollecting a happy moment in his life and the time he felt happy with his friends and about himself.
- His favorite type of food is Italian. His favorite food is penne alla vodka. His least favorite food is sandwiches. He also dislikes squash and mushrooms.
- He likes to binge watch The Walking Dead and Stranger Things.
- His favorite app is VSCO.
- His favorite video game is PUBG.
- His favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because his birthday is near.
- His favorite animal is a cheetah because they are "elegant", "quick", and "look so dope".
- His favorite cereal is Rice Krispies with sugar on top.
- His prized possession is his Louis Vuitton backpack that he bought in Vegas.
- His dream car is a McLaren or a Porsche 911 GT3.
- His biggest fear is death or centipedes.
- Whenever he went to Starbucks he used the name 'Joe' because they'd always misspell his name.
- In the "Don't Wake Me Up" music video, the director told him not to drive donuts, but he did it anyway.
|Take a look at our gallery for Corbyn Besson by clicking here.|
- "'Why Don't We' Talks Hair Styling Rituals and Stories from the Road". Wild 94.9. August 10, 2017.
- Why Don't We: In the Limelight
- Kotler, Hannah. "10 Things You Didn't Know About Corbyn Besson". Tigerbeat. June 3, 2018.
- "WHY DON'T WE describes ONE ANOTHER using THEIR OWN LYRICS 😂🔥" | INTERVIEW. October 24, 2018.
- "Why Don't We's DANIEL SEAVEY over daten: "If she's THE ONE for me and she's a FAN, then…" | #Fangirl". MTV Nederland. June 11, 2018.
- @BeautyChickee ("last night was like me and Corbyn's 1 year anniversary of actually meeting in person and hanging out at universal how crazy"). Twitter. April 25, 2017.
- @BeautyChickee ("i left with both a prom date and boyfriend how crazy"). Twitter. April 25 2017.
- @BeautyChickee ("365 days later & still feeling like the luckiest girl alive with you. cheers to one year of us, i love you @corbynbesson"). Twitter. May 22, 2017.
- "CORBYN & CHRISTINA TALK ABOUT THEIR BREAK-UP". YouTube. January 21, 2021.
- "Most Searched Questions About Why Don't We". KiddNation. March 28, 2018.
- @corbynbesson. Twitter. February 25, 2014.
- @corbynbesson. Twitter. December 20, 2014.
- @corbynbesson. Twitter. March 11, 2015.
- @corbynbesson. Twitter. June 6, 2015.
- @corbynbesson. Twitter. February 11, 2016.
- @corbynbesson. Twitter. April 2, 2016.
- @corbynbesson. Twitter. November 24, 2016.
- @corbynbesson. Twitter. April 2, 2017.
- "Why Don't We Talk 'Invitation' EP & Tour Stories". TRL. November 7, 2017.
- "'Why Don't We' Talks Hair Styling Rituals and Stories from the Road". WiLD 94.9. August 10, 2017.
- "Three-Second Photo Booth Challenge w/ Why Don't We". The Late Late Show with James Corden. September 13, 2018.
- @corbynbesson. Twitter. December 15, 2018.
- @whydontwemusic "lint don't belong in this club". March 21, 2019.
- @corbynbesson. Twitter. December 11, 2016.
- "Why Don’t We paljastaa: "Eka suudelmani oli kamala!" 😱😘". Eka kerta. June 12, 2018.
- "Mathilde & Lærke interviews Why Don't We - Rise FM Denmark". Rise FM Denmark. May 12, 2018. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
- "Why Don't We - Who Knows Each Other Best?". Radio Disney. October 15, 2018.
- "Why Don't We Play Boy Band Beat Shazam & Sing Acapella". September 7, 2017.
- Apple Music on
- at the
|Discography · Gallery|
"Collide" · "First Flight Home" · "Ghost" · "Home to Mama" · "Riptide" · "Blank Space/Style · "PILLOWTALK" · "WILD" · "Let Me Love You"
|Why Don't We|
|Jonah Marais • Daniel Seavey • Zach Herron • Corbyn Besson • Jack Avery|